The house has six bedrooms, sleeping up to 13 people. Four double bedrooms have their own luxury en-suite. There are also two smaller rooms ideal for little ones – one with two sets of bunks.
Pencalenick House is hidden away in the heart of Du Maurier country on Cornwall’s south coast. It sits alone and majestic on Pont Pill creek, opposite the historic town of Fowey. The house is surrounded by open countryside, much of which is protected by the National Trust.
This beautiful House is a place for all seasons. You can relax in the 40 foot reception area and read your way through the house library, enjoy a DVD on the 42” plasma screen television, or a table football match in the games room. Make the most of the sea air with a day’s sailing on Pencalenick’s private yacht with its dedicated skipper.
Covered with a grass roof, the house is fully camouflaged. But when the sun sets, leaving the little private beach, the lawn and the house in shadow, a transformation occurs. With lights reflecting from the double-height glass walls, making the whole low-lying structure glow, you'd be forgiven for thinking that a space ship had just landed at Pont Pill creek. The thing about Pencalenick is that you are not just renting a house but buying into a whole hip life.
Environmentally savvy, culturally and spiritually sophisticated, that is suggested by the energy-efficient architecture, the massive library, the yoga and massage rooms. And it does all these trendy gadgets, facilities and designs while still managing to be cosy and comfortable.
The House can be booked all year around minimum 3 night booking.
- 4 x Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Single room plus cot
- One room with two sets of Bunk beds
- Heated slate floors in the bathrooms
- Pencalenick's Private yacht - Extra charge
- Therapy room
- Bathrobes, slippers and towels
- Luxury bath & beauty products
- 40 f Kitchen/living room with open fire
- Television room
- Office & Kids room
- Games room with 42' plasma
- Wireless Internet & computer
- Outside terrace dining
- Exclusive use of the house and its facilities
- Minimum three nights' luxury accommodation
- Dedicated service from the house Manager
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping
- Linen, Bathrobes & Towels
- Luxury bath and beauty products
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Staff services of Chef, Host, Butler, Driver
- Security service
- Spa treatments
- Party planning
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- A security deposit may be requested
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Prices based on full occupancy
- This property can be rented summer from £2,500 per day
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange