Perched high on the hill in the famous Swiss ski resort of Gstaad lies Chalet Amala. An outstanding private home where no attention to detail has been spared it is a masterpiece of contemporary chic design and plush furnishings. Set in a peaceful hamlet just a short drive from the centre of Gstaad and seconds from the Wasserngrat ski area Chalet Amala’s position affords wonderful views towards the breath taking mountain range in the distance.
Sleeping 14 people in six en-suite bedrooms and spread over four floors this chalet provides plenty of space to relax and socialise with friends and family. There is an additional double staff bedroom with en-suite shower room should extra space be required.
You enter the chalet through the indoor garage into the chic ski room and entrance hallway. Also on this floor is the impressive spa. The spectacular indoor swimming pool and relaxation area is wired with the latest Creston sound and lighting system creating a sophisticated yet sumptuous atmosphere. Whilst waterfalls cascade down and candle light lines the pool guests can relax and unwind on the comfy seating area. A separate shower room and hammam provide the perfect place to soothe aching muscles after a hard day on the mountain.
Moving upstairs the lower ground floor is home to two bedrooms and a staff bedroom. Modern art and sculptures create a desirable ambiance whilst every comfort has been thought of to ensure maximum relaxation. There is a spacious double bedroom with a desk and seating area. The en-suite bathroom has a separate bath and shower room as well as his and her sinks. A kid’s bunk room is also on this floor with private bathroom across the hallway. A staff double bedroom with en-suite shower room is positioned just off the main hallway as well as a guest w.c.
The ground floor is home to the beautiful open plan living area and two en-suite double bedrooms. A state of the art open plan kitchen overlooks the large dining area and lavish sitting room. With plenty of storage and all latest equipment your private chef will ensure the finest cuisine is on offer throughout your stay. The kitchen overlooks the large dining table and a chic bar separates the kitchen and the sitting room.
By day light floods into the room through the floor to ceiling French windows and in the evening sophisticated lighting and candle light creates a perfect setting for relaxing, entertaining and those intimate moments. A large chandelier sits over the impressive dining table which sits 15 people comfortably. Beautiful art adorns the walls whilst rich fabrics and wonderful textures are throughout creating a splendid yet comfortable living area. There are plenty of sofas and chairs meaning the whole family can sit together. In the spring and summer month’s French windows open out onto the large terrace perfect for al fresco dining, whilst in the winter months the garden is the perfect spot for children to play in snow.
All the bedrooms in the chalet have desks, flat screen TVs with international channels, iPod docking stations and DVD players. On the ground floor there are two double bedrooms, both with en-suite bathrooms and French windows which open out onto the beautiful terrace and garden.
The top floor is home to the deluxe master bedroom. A balcony surrounds the bedroom which has wonderful views. Enjoy a glass of champagne from your outdoor seating area whilst watching the sun set to the west. There is a fabulous walk in wardrobe with plenty of storage as well as a spacious en-suite bathroom with separate shower and bath. Also on this floor is a twin/double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and balcony access. Surrounded by panoramic views of a breath taking mountain scene there is a large outdoor barbecue area on this level with a contemporary fireplace and comfy seating. Chalet Amala is an impressive alpine retreat for the most discerning client.
The garage has two underground parking spaces.
The chalet is sold on a fully catered basis which include a professional chef, hosts, housekeepers and a daily dedicated driver service. Food and alcohol is an additional charge plus TVA.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Master double bedroom with dressing room, en-suite bathroom and terrace access
- Twin/Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and terrace access
- LOWER GROUND FLOOR
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Quad bunk bedroom (sleeping 4) with private bathroom
- Staff Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Hammam/Steam room
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living areas
- Television & DVD
- iPod docking station
- Wireless Internet
- Apple TV
- Intergrated sound system
- Priavte laundry room
- Private ski locker
- Ski room with heated boot warmers
- Chauffeured 4X4 service 8.30am to 1.00am
- Garage with 2 parking spaces
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Dedicated service from the Chalet Manager,Chef,Hostesses,Driver and Housekeepers
- Champagne Reception
- Morning tea or coffee in bed seven mornings
- Daily breakfast seven mornings **
- Afternoon tea seven afternoons **
- Pre Dinner drinks and canapés **
- Dinner on six nights **
- Carefully selected house wines
- Complimentary soft drinks
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping on seven days
- Dedicated private chauffeured 4x4 service 8.30am -1.00am
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Ski lessons, book here with White Blancmange
- Ski rental & lift passes
- All food and drink costs
- Security service
- Spa treatments
- Party planning
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- *A MINIMUM TWO WEEK BOOKING IS REQUIRED OVER THE NEW YEAR PERIOD*
- A security deposit may be requested
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Prices based on full occupancy
- **All food and drink costs payable in resort
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange