Lovingly rebuilt in 2008, Chalet Maria Schnee is a masterpiece of Tyrolian Craftmanship. The chalet retains many beautiful antique carvings, floors and other features. These combined with modern contemporary furnishings and art the owners have created one of the region's most stylish chalets.
Nestling in the exclusive St Anton enclave of Nasserein only a few minutes walk to the lift station. Snow conditions permitting you can ski to within a short stroll of the chalet. The centre of St Anton is only a 10 minutes walk or a 2 minutes drive from the chalet.
Laid out over 3 floors the chalet offers over 550 sq m of luxurious family retreat. The chalet comfortably hosts 10 adults and 5 children, and has a further separate staff single bedroom if required.
The grand drawing room and open plan living / dining area with sunken sitting room is situated on the ground floor of the chalet. This room as well as many others throughout the chalet share the stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
All floors, library and doors have been made out of 300 years old oak planks, which contrasts with the modernity of contemporary chinese art. The open fire place is the focal point of the drawing room. The dining table can be extended to comfortably sit 12. Doors open from the main living area onto the South West facing terrace.
Massive oak sliding doors lead from the living area into the extensive kitchen a mix of tyrolean woodwork, contemporary art and modern steel appliances. A separate breakfast table in this room is perfect for feeding the children. A double bedroom with en-suite bathroom is located off the kitchen. A separate guest W.C. is also located on this floor. A jacuzzi is located on the terrace outside the living room.
Stairs lead from the hallway to the first floor. A cosy enclave opens from the side of the staircase, with built in benches and a secret cupboard for schnapps glasses.
On the upper floors are located 3 spacious double bedrooms each with its own en-suite bathroom in limestone and old oak, but also in black stone and grey tadellakt.
An old tyrolean "Zirben-Stube" has been converted into a bedroom, and still has the antique carvings as well as a functioning traditional stove. The Master bedroom has a more contemporary look and a big sunny terrace with view over the St. Anton valley.
In addition there are 2 children's bedrooms. The girls room has 3 single beds and en-suite bathroom while the boys bunk room has 4 single beds (2 bunk beds) with a separate shower-room.
Located on the lower ground floor is a further twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom and accommodation for a Nanny, in a single bedroom.
A sunny 40 square metres play-room on this floor is the perfect venue for entertaining the children. The playroom converts into a high tech cinema room. The sauna and/or steam room fits 4 people comfortably and has a separate shower area.
The garage can house one car while a further two external parking places exist.
The Chalet was built by the famous World Ski-Champion Gertrud Gabl and her family in 1978 and sold to the current owners in 2007.
The chalet normally has a shared driver service from 8.30am - 11.00am and 3.00pm - 8.00pm if sold on a full service catered basis.
The chalet can be sold either on a catered or self catered basis.
- Master Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 3 x Double/Twin bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Bunkroom which sleeps 4 children with separate shower room
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Private chef
- Driver service
- Ski Instructor - 2 days
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Hammam/Steam room
- Wood burning fireplace
- Home Cinema Room
- Kids Play Room
- Television & DVD
- Hi-Fi, CD player, MP3
- iPod docking station
- Wireless Internet
- Wine Cellar
- Books, Games & Toys
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- South-facing terrace and balconies
- Private Parking -1 Indoor and 2 external spaces
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Arrival Champagne Reception
- Morning tea or coffee in bed six mornings
- Daily cooked & continental breakfast six mornings
- Afternoon tea six afternoons
- Pre Dinner drinks and canapés
- Dinner on five nights
- Complimentary spirits tray 3 bottles
- Complimentary beer unlimited
- Carefully selected house wines
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping seven days
- Mid week towel change
- In resort 4 x 4 driving service 8:30am till 1am
- Daily newspapers by 1pm each day
- Ski Instructor first 2 days of your stay
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Ski lessons, book here with White Blancmange
- Ski rental & lift passes
- Security service
- Spa treatments
- Party planning
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- A security deposit may be required
- Prices to be confirmed at time of booking
- Prices will be based on full occupancy
- On the staff day off, fresh bread and croissants are delivered, a continental breakfast and afternoon tea are pre prepared. Please note afternoon tea is not cleared away on the staff day off
- The chalet is sold on a catered or self-catered basis
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange