Mahali Mzuri is located within the Olare Motorogi Conservancy in the northern region of Kenya’s famous Maasai Mara ecosystem. The camp is perched on the side of a lush valley with views over the rolling plains. The conservancy covers approximately 13,500 hectares (33,000 acres) and there are strict limits on the number of guests that can stay at any one time.
The camp is well placed to observe the abundant game in the area and also to take advantage of the annual ‘Great Migration’, when up to one million wildebeest plus hundreds of thousands of zebra, gazelles and other game undertake a journey of roughly 1,600km through Tanzania and Kenya.
There are 12 luxury tented suites catering for a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. Ten of the suites can be configured as doubles or with twin beds sleeping two adults, and two of the suites are designed to accommodate two additional guests on sofa beds. Each tented suite sits on a raised platform and includes a spacious bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, all the creature comforts, sitting area and a terrace with views over the landscape - perfect for spotting the game that will almost certainly wander into view!
Mahali Mzuri is about 240km almost due west of Nairobi, Kenya, with international flights landing at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Onward transfers can be organised from the city’s Wilson Airport which serves domestic destinations within Kenya. We can arrange transfers between the international and domestic airports for you. A number of domestic airlines are based at Wilson Airport and most provide twice daily scheduled flights to the Maasai Mara which take about 1 hour. The journey from this airstrip by vehicle to the camp is roughly one hour’s drive.
Open 4x4 Land Cruiser vehicles, seating a maximum of six guests and there are early morning and late afternoon game drives. Night game drives are also available and can be arranged by guests whilst at Mahali Mzuri. We can also pack you a picnic lunch and set off on a full day drive to make the most of the bush. Safari Walks can also been arranged, and will be tailored specifically to the guests. They usually last around two hours and focus on the plant life and smaller game.
The central Main Tent features a main lounge area with an open fireplace, a library of books, iPads for guest use, iPod docking stations and speaker systems, a games console and a TV/DVD player for those who wish to keep in touch with the news or sport. We will also have binoculars available for guests (although it’s a good idea to bring your own!) and a telescope for stargazing plus our 12 metre outdoor infinity pool, big enough for a leisurely swim or a refreshing dip. There is a large decked area where breakfast and lunch will be served and a communal table inside seating 24.
- 12 x Tents Double/Twins with en suite bathrooms
- Infinity Pool
- Main Tent:
- Lounge area
- Open fireplace
- iPod docking station
- TV/DVD player
- Telescope for stargazing
- Wireless Internet available throughout the camp
- Luxury accommodation at one of the beautiful tents
- Dedicated service from the staff
- Daily breakfast
- Daily lunch & dinner
- An open spirits bar & soft drinks
- Carefully selected premium house wines
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping
- Transfers from the nearest airstrip
- Twice daily game drives and game drives at night with expert guides
- Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy
- Guided bush walks
- Visits to the local markets
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Departure taxes
- Spa treatments
- Air transfers
- Wildlife fees
- Conservation fees
- Any items not specifically mentioned
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Vaccinations need to be arranged prior to trip
- Children aged 8 years or older are welcome
- Suitable for anniversary celebrations or birthdays
- Mahali Mzuri can be hired on an exclusive basis
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange