This incredible house opened in May 2019, belonging to the MacHale family.
Lengishu is completely unique property, designed by Minnie MacHale and a team of local artisans. The property can only be booked on an exclusive basis with the use of 6 bedrooms, with a fully staff team.
Lengishu is located on Borana Conservancy allowing guests to take part in a wide range of activities. Whether it’s freewheeling on a mountain bike, tracking rhino on foot at first light, or galloping through a herd of zebra on horse back, these are experiences which are not easily forgotten. In addition there are the traditional safari activities such as guided bush walks, game drives, bird watching and freshly cooked meals
in the bush.
Surrounded by undulating hills and boasts breathtaking views of the Lengishu hills across Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. Borana Conservancy is 30km North of the equator at an altitude of 2000 meters on the foothills of Mt Kenya. Prepare for hot days and cool, sometimes windy nights. The area is known for its thriving population of both Black and White Rhino.
Lengishu is built entirely of sustainable materials. The stones have been excavated from the site itself, sourced when the foundations were laid. The wooden beams and panels are made of teak and gum poles from Kenya, the walls are rammed earth and the floors are stone and wood. This unique family home was built to blend into its surroundings.
The main house is central to the design with a large entrance hall leading to a study and a vaulted sitting and dining room which is warmed by two large fireplaces with glorious views. A covered veranda with a pizza oven allows for outdoor luncheons or evening entertaining. An art room with floor to ceiling windows and inspirational views is nestled below.
All guest bedrooms have bird names; Fish Eagle and Goshawk stand away from the main house with a further two family cottages set into the hillside below.
A U-shaped pool, with views to the West, is surrounded by a lunch pavilion, a gym and a games room with a sundowner bar. The pool area has a further indoor dining room facilitated by a smaller, secondary kitchen. All rooms and main house look over the valley below, across to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy and deep into the Northern Frontier.
The pool house, gym and games room overlook Borana Conservancy with uninterrupted sunset views, complete with a changing room and an outdoor shower. Lengishu has Wifi connection and the study has a TV. - There is a full sound system throughout. A regulation pétanque pitch is found between the pool and Goshawk, surrounded by candelabra trees. Lengishu is completely run on solar for both electricity and hot water. There is a substantial back up generator used in the cloudier months if necessary.
- Lengishu is reserved for exclusive use, sleeping up to twelve guests in six unique bedrooms with the option of guide or children’s accommodation in the art room which has its own bathroom.
- Fish Eagle and Goshawk stand alone, away from the main house with double beds and luxurious bathrooms. Fish Eagle has it’s own sitting room and a large walk-in wardrobe.
- Two further cottages sleep four in each. Two double or twin bedrooms are separated by private sitting and dining rooms with large fireplaces and verandas.
- - Fish Eagle and Goshawk have impressive fireplaces within the bedroom.
- - The cottages have fireplaces in the sitting and dining room and cosy wood-burning stoves in the bedrooms.
- The cottages both have small kitchens.
- - All rooms have ample clothes hanging and storage space.
- - All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with walk in showers and free standing, roll top copper baths.
- - All cottages have loos with views.
- - Each room has an unobstructed view of the valley bellow, guaranteeing privacy.
- House Manager
- Infinity Pool
- Billards Table
- Walk to sun-downer spot
- Lunch pavilion
- Veranda with a pizza oven
- Pétanque pitch
- Art room
- Sound system throughout
- Wireless Internet
- Luxury accommodation at one of the beautiful tents
- Dedicated service from the staff
- Daily breakfast
- Daily lunch & dinner
- An open house spirits bar & soft drinks ( excluding French Champagne)
- Carefully selected premium house wines
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping
- Laundry service & WiFi
- Sundowner excursions
- Activities including game drives (day & night), guided bush walks, mountain biking, behind-the-scenes conservation activities and one horse-riding excursion per stay
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Departure taxes
- French champagne
- Premium spirits or wines
- Spa treatments
- Air transfers
- Wildlife fees
- Conservation fees
- Any items not specifically mentioned
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Vaccinations need to be arranged prior to trip
- Cross Cultural Experiences
- Visits to Kisima Floriculture Project
- Lewa Wildlife Conservancy fee
- Late departure fee
- Lengishu is only available for a minimum of three nights
- Any additional horse-riding excursions per stay
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange