Makepeace Island is a private hideaway a few minutes upstream from cosmopolitan Noosa Heads and is owned by Sir Richard Branson and Virgin Blue (Australia) co founder Brett Godfrey. Sensitively developed in keeping with the coastal wilderness, the secluded island has been created to luxuriously accommodate and entertain up to 22 castaways exclusively but with all the attractions that the Sunshine Coast has to offer just a mere boat ride away.
Makepeace Island, named after former resident and colourful local character Hannah “Shotgun” Makepeace, was completed in 2009 as a private retreat for family and friends of the owners. In July 2011 its doors were opened for exclusive use hire allowing others to enjoy the tranquility of this very special place.
Complete with its own riverboat to transfer guests, the 25 acre heart shaped island has a substantial two-storey open aired Balinese wantilan for relaxing or gathering of friends and family, 500,000 litre lagoon pool, a full sized tennis court and pavillion, spa facilities, theatre, office facilities and an expansive indoor bar designed for entertaining on a grand scale. Gardens and indoor decor include giant sculptures, teak, granite and stone finishes, volcanic boulder bathtubs, ornamental lighting and antiquities and furniture commissioned and acquired in Bali, Java and elsewhere throughout Indonesia.
Dining locations include the Wantilan Balcony, Long Room and Island Bar, poolside or on your personal villa balcony. A gourmet picnic at a secluded oasis on the northern beaches is a must.
Makepeace Island features 3 luxurious villas offering seclusion and privacy to guests. The villas have 2 spacious bedrooms, well-appointed bathrooms, separate lounge area and private deck.
The spectacular entry foyer of each villa features a waterfall and fishpond and the bathrooms have lush bromeliad and palm gardens and luxurious carved volcanic boulder bathtubs. Wooden boardwalks link the villas to the main entertaining areas.
The Bali House accommodation wing, offering guests 4 luxurious rooms attached to the main entertaining Wantilan. Rooms have a well-appointed ensuite and private deck with either queen bed and twin king singles.
- 3 x Luxury Villas' 2 bedroom
- Bali House with 4 bedrooms
- Makepeace’s “Island Bar”, games area and a selection of musical instruments including piano, gamelan, bongos and didgeridoo
- The 2 storey raised Wantilan features Balinese style lounges, silk furnishing, antiques and a pool table. The colourful centrepiece is the handcrafted rustic teak daybed with intricate floral and animal carvings
- Media room and library complete with books, games, video, DVD, terrestrial and satellite channel access and free access to local DVD
- Office facilities
- Wireless Internet is available in all accommodation and entertaining areas.
- A launch affectionately known as the ‘aircraft carrier’ to host a lake dinner or cocktails during your stay
- Lagoon swimming pool 500,000 litre
- Heated spa
- 3 x hobie cats and a small fishing tinny
- Outdoor cinema
- Small outdoor bures for day use
- Full size Tennis court & Pavillion
- Electric river boat -high speed Brig Inflatable boat and Hannah
- River fishing equipment and bait
- Exclusive use of the Island and its facilities
- Dedicated service from the Island Staff
- Transfers from Noosa or Maroochydore Airports to Noosa Marina
- River transfers between Makepeace Island & Noosa Marina, Lake Cooroibah, North Shore beaches, Noosa Heads
- 1 x barge ‘cruise’ dinner per stay
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily breakfast
- Daily Lunch and Dinner
- Non alcoholic drinks
- Daily Housekeeping
- Linen, Bathrobes & Towels
- Luxury bath and beauty products
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- All flights
- Alcoholic drink costs payable in resort
- All spa treatments
- Security service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- A security deposit may be requested
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Christmas, New Year and Easter minimum stay 5 nights
- The Island can be booked all year round
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange