Cushioned in the foothills of the breathtaking Virunga volcano range, One&Only Gorilla's Nest makes the magical possible as you enjoy a once-in-lifetime, personal encounter with the rare and majestic mountain gorilla, roaming free in its own natural habitat.
Offering an exclusive front-row seat to the world’s most popular mountain gorilla sanctuary. You’ll be captivated as exotic colourful birds and one of the planet’s greatest array of primate species flourish before your eyes and welcome you into their world. Then retreat to your own world, a spectacular modern haven, where every creature comfort is yours to behold.
Located 120 kilometres northwest of capital Kigali, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest is positioned on the edge of the spectacular Virunga Mountains.
Our warm hosts will welcome you personally at Kigali International Airport and take you on a breathtaking 2.5-hour journey by luxury SUV. We can also arrange a scenic helicopter transfer that offers aerial views of the Virunga Volcanoes.
The surrounding park is home to five of the eight volcanoes of the Virunga Mountains and is a vast playground, with 160km2 of rainforest and bamboo.
The resort benefits from a temperate climate year-round:
June to September (Dry season) – average temperature of 15-28°C/59-82°F and an average of 2 rainy days per month.
October to May (Rainy season) – average temperature of 16-27°C/60-80°F and an average of 15 rainy days per month.
Discover the highlights and the secrets of the Volcanoes National Park with our inclusive, signature, and private experiences, including:
• Wildlife encounters – Feel the thrill of up-close encounters with the endangered Mountain Gorillas found only in this part
of the world. Majestic in their own habitat, hiking can last from 30min to 4 hours + depending on the family allocated to your group and their location. Spot Golden Monkeys, playful in the canopy, and a wealth of exotic birds, some found only here. Visit zoologist Dian Fossey’s Karisoke Research Centre to learn first- hand about her celebrated work.
• Volcano Climbing – Immerse yourself in the wonders of the forest, traversing magical landscapes and scaling epic volcanoes. Discover intriguing species of flora and fauna, with the chance to camp overnight amongst nature at its purist.
• Meet the Locals – Enjoy heart- warming interactions with local people as you learn about their unique ways of life, discovering secrets of their culture, cuisine, and more.
Rooms & Suites
- 21 Jungle chic havens:
- Forest King Lodge - 77m2
- Two bedroom Forest King Lodge - 87m2
- Virunga Suite - 147m2
- Ingagi Suite - 251m2
- Silverback Suite - 402m2 with private pool
- One&Only Spa
- Outdoor infinity pool
- Chef's seasonal garden
- Nest Bar
- Nest Restaurant
- Fitness centre
- All flights excluded
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Food & Drink costs payable in resort
- Security service
- Spa treatments
- Party planning
- Tourism tax excluded
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
What we think at White Blancmange
An exclusive front-row seat to the mountain gorilla sanctuary, a rare and majestic opportunity.