Winter is a special time here at Ulusaba, water levels are low, trees are loosing their leaves and visibility through the bush is outstanding.
Nothing gets past our experienced Rangers and Trackers on the twice daily game drives (well, mostly!). Traversing over 13,500 hectares in open Land Rovers, they will share their vast knowledge of the surrounding wildlife as they track the Big 5 - lions, buffalos, leopards, elephants and rhinoceroses.
The Rangers and Trackers will also guide guests on daily safari walks to see flora, fauna and smaller creatures often missed when on the game vehicles.
Ulusaba has 21 rooms and suites divided between two distinct lodges - Rock Lodge and Safari Lodge.
Rock Lodge is perched high on the summit of a koppie with views over the vast lowveld and the distant Drakensberg Mountain range.
There are ten rooms and suites individually designed with décor that incorporates modern and traditional African art. There are four Rock Cliff rooms, one Master Suite, two Makwela Suites and one two-bedroom Rock Suite. The Master Suite and Makwela Suites all have private plunge pools.
Located a short walk from the Main House at Rock Lodge, Cliff Lodge features two magnificent suites offering guests the ultimate in safari luxury. Cliff Lodge 1 has a private pool and a second bedroom for one adult or two children, and Cliff Lodge 2 has its own Jacuzzi with stunning views over the bush. When you hire both suites for exclusive use we include your own chef and private vehicle for game drives and you have full use of a private gym and spa treatment room. Cliff Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 5 adults and 4 children when booked exclusively.
Safari Lodge is located beneath a canopy of ancient trees on the edge of a dry riverbed. Guests will love the sense of adventure as they cross rope bridges between tree house style rooms, with local wildlife passing by. The eleven rooms include a Treehouse Suite overlooking the nearby Xikwenga Dam and are split into Safari, Elephant and River Rooms, some of which have private plunge pools. The Treehouse Suite is located a 15 minute walk along a raised walkway from the main lodge.
Safari Lodge can accommodate 22 guests sharing 10 rooms and a Treehouse Suite, and Rock Lodge can accommodate between 20 and 25 guests sharing 10 rooms and suites. Cliff Lodge can accommodate up to 5 adults and 4 children and can be hired independently for smaller groups and families. Extra adults and children may be accommodated in some of our rooms on fold-out or rollaway beds.
Our team of chefs at Ulusaba have developed numerous pan-African dishes influenced by many African cultures, flavours and spices. Whether dining under the African sky, in the outdoor dining Boma, on a deck or in the dining room, the menus and meals promise to be exciting, social and inspirational. Baked daily are breads and pastries, also the reserve can cater for private meals, special occasions and children.
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve is located in the western sector of the Sabi Sand Reserve, close to Kruger National Park which is in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
- 10 x Rock Lodge rooms and suites:
- 4 x Rock Cliff Rooms
- 1 x Master Suite with private plunge pool
- 2 x Makwela Suites with private plunge pool
- 1 x Rock Suite with 2 bedrooms
- Cliff Lodge has 2 spacious suites which can be hired together exclusively:
- Cliff Lodge 1 has a private pool and a second bedroom for one adult or two children
- Cliff Lodge 2 has its own Jacuzzi with stunning views over the bush
- 10 x Safari Lodge rooms, includes the Treehouse Suite
- Bush Observatory
- Various plunge pools
- Floodlit tennis courts
- Luxury accommodation at one of the beautiful lodges
- Dedicated service from the staff
- Daily breakfast
- Daily lunch & dinner
- All drinks including a top quality wine list and fine champagne
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping
- Transfers from Ulusaba's airstrip to either Rock or Safari Lodge
- Twice daily game drives and a daily safari walk
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Departure taxes
- Spa treatments
- Air transfers
- Wildlife fees
- Any items not specifically mentioned
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Vaccinations need to be arranged prior to trip including malaria
- The Game Reserve can be booked for exclusive use up to 40 persons
- All meals served in a variety of locations
- Suitable for weddings and honeymoons
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange