Villa Casetta offers the most authentic Tuscan experience in an absolutely unique country location among Merlot vineyards. The 350M2 villa has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms with bathtub and shower, a living room with a fireplace, kitchen, dining room and an infinity pool with pool house. To add to your enjoyment, breakfast is delivered to the villa. Villa Casetta is equipped with solar panels in line with the eco-sustainable philosophy that is the hallmark of the entire Il Borro Estate.
The name Borro, which probably meant a chasm or gorge in Tuscan dialect, was originally that of a fortress built to defend a strategic area crossed by stretches of the Clodia and Cassia, two important Roman roads.
It was for this very reason that control of Il Borro was for so long the object of bitter disputes between local factions and noble families and other kingdoms. The first written record of the Castle dates back to 1254, when a Milanese nobleman, Marquis Borro Borri, who had become podestà or mayor of Arezzo, purchased the property from the Mascagni family.
It was in the 16th century, under the patronage of condottiere and political figure, Alessandro del Borro, the true “father” of Il Borro, that the first transformations and extensions to the stronghold began to shape the spectacular estate we know today.
The estate’s event-filled noble history began with him, and would go on to include some of Europe’s noblest families – the Medici Tornaquinici of Florence, the Torriani of Milan, the princes of Hohenlohe Waldenburg, and finally, from 1904, the Savoy dynasty.
In the mid-Fifties, Il Borro passed to Duke Amedeo of Savoy-Aosta, and in 1993 the Duke sold the entire property to Ferruccio Ferragamo. “An enduring act of faith”, as Ferruccio Ferragamo, who fell madly in love with the Il Borro estate in 1985, likes to say. For many years the Ferragamo family had rented the Tuscan estate until they made the decision to buy it. As soon as he had purchased the property, Ferruccio Ferragamo, aided by his son Salvatore (presently CEO of Il Borro) began extensive restoration and refurbishment of this ancient place, which still bore the scars of the Second World War. At the heart of the entire restoration project was a desire to bring the estate back to life, preserving its traditions and history while at the same time making those improvements that make this place a perfect continuum between past, present and future.
- 4 x bedrooms en-suite with bath and shower
- Private Infinity pool
- Pool House
- Living room with fireplace
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining room
- Facilities of IL Borro:
- IL Borro Spa
- Tuscan Bistro
- IL Borro Restaurant
- Yoga classes
- IL Borro Wine cellars
- Exclusive use of the Villa and its facilities
- Seven nights luxury Villa accommodation
- Meet and Greet from a team member on your arrival day
- Linen and towels provided and beds made up for your arrival
- Welcome selection of luxury bathroom products
- Daily housekeeping
- Delivery of daily breakfast
- Provision of electricity, gas, water (except telephone)
- Weekly/end-of-stay housekeeping
- Weekly linen and towel change for guests staying for more than one week
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Full use of the facilities of Il Borro
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Food & drink costs payable in resort
- Staff services of Chef, Hostess, Butler, Driver, extra cleaning
- All spa treatments
- Security service
- Car Hire
- Party planning
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- Security deposit many be required
- Prices will be based on full occupancy
- Prices to be confirmed at time of booking
- The hotel is 2km distance, a car is advised
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange