Poised in the picturesque bay of Zaton, just 10 minutes driving from the Pearl of the Adriatic – Dubrovnik, Villa Pugli is an exceptional private estate with 6 spacious bedrooms, voluminous living spaces and expansive Mediterranean gardens with an outdoor pool and a private chapel. An ideal choice for families and groups of friends, the Villa can host up to 14 people.
Built back in the 15th century, the Villa was originally envisioned as a summer retreat for aristocrats, a getaway from the heated stone of Dubrovnik’s Old Town and a place to relax, enjoy and entertain friends and family. Vividly illustrating our ancestor’s sophistication in leisure, its striking waterfront location, impressive but unpretentious interiors, tranquil garden ambiance and complete privacy of the enclosed property make it a representative sample of Dubrovnik Renaissance architecture and protected Croatian National Heritage.
This magnificent blend of longstanding history and appreciation of leisure was recently restored to its former glory, working closely with numerous conservation and restoration experts, as the Villa is a registered Croatian National Heritage monument.
Driven by care for its venerated historic fabric, we had allow for certain concessions, such as an inconsistent Internet connection throughout the property.
Still, this means you can feel the centuries past when climbing the original stone staircase, or when reaching for a book from the 15th Century wall niche. The private chapel of St. Jerome in the quiet, back corner of the garden is an integral part of the estate, as having a place of worship nearby was highly appreciated in the old times.
Pugli were the last family to reside here, in the 19th century. After them, the estate suffered tarnish of abandonment and time, all until the present owner recognised its grandeur and decided to return it to its former glory. Following a substantial investment of several million EUR and a reconstruction of two years conducted in close collaboration with conservation and restoration experts. This villa stands today as a monumental tribute to an excellent vision of its historic ambiance infused with modern comfort and contemporary design.
The main entrance to the villa sits at the deep end of Zaton bay, along the waterfront promenade. Stepping into the southern courtyard, its massive stone walls immediately resonate an exclusive experience and true privacy, an atmosphere quite different from newly built villas. Furnished with outdoor sofas, the courtyard is focused around the staircase leading onto a very modern structure, the glass bridge, running over the courtyard in full length and connecting two outdoor terraces on the first floor level. From both the terraces and the bridge, the views of Zaton bay, its marina and crystal clear Adriatic are bound to leave you in awe.
From the courtyard, enter the main house, comprising 580 m2 of space spread over two floor levels. Typical local materials such as Croatian stone, tufa and top quality wood, but also glass, dominate in the interior. Its clean and modern design lines successfully bring together contemporary minimalism, homey warmth and original historic details, some dating back to the earliest times, over 500 years ago. The stone staircase in the entrance foyer for example, or intricate stonework of library wall niches. Airy and spacious, the interior of Villa holds many unique corners, making everyone feel very much at home here.
The entrance foyer is the central space of the ground floor and doubles as a welcome area and a lounge. To the right of the foyer, two double rooms with bathrooms each feature unique elements, such as an exit directly to the gardens or the bench placed within an arched niche which was originally an entrance for boats. This area also holds a laundry room with washing machine and dryer.
The first floor comprises 4 luxury suites, each on two floor levels and organized around the same concept: a comfortable lounge and a modern bathroom with walk-in shower and floor heating on the lower level, and a wooden staircase leading up to the gallery with a king size double bed. Satellite TV, safe, and toiletries in each bathroom are standard for each suite.
- GROUND FLOOR:
- 2 x Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- FIRST FLOOR:
- 4 x Luxury suites, each on two floor levels and organized around the same concept: a comfortable lounge and a modern bathroom with walk-in shower
- King sized double bed
- Villa Manager
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Shaded outdoor lounge area with outdoor grill
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Living room with fire place
- Dining room can seat 16 persons
- Chapel of St. Jerome
- Indoor and outdoor lightning plus SONOS and BOSE sound systems throughout
- Exclusive use of the Villa and its facilities
- Seven nights’ luxury Villa accommodation
- Meet and Greet from a team member on your arrival day
- Welcome set-up (cold cuts, snacks, fruit, drinks)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Linen and towels provided and beds made up for your arrival
- Mid-week towel change
- Luxury bath & beauty products
- Provision of electricity, gas, water, phone (local calls)
- Weekly/end-of-stay housekeeping
- Weekly linen and towel change for guests staying for more than one week
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi) inconsistent Internet connection throughout the property
- All flights excluded, although you can book through our preferred partners Swiss International
- Airport Transfers
- Helicopter transfers
- Food & drink costs payable in resort
- Staff services of Chef, Butler, Host, Driver, extra cleaning
- Security service
- Spa treatments
- Yoga instructor
- Party planning
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Items not specifically mentioned
- Security deposit many be required
- Prices will be based on full occupancy
- Prices to be confirmed at time of booking
- Chef can be requested for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Minimum stay 7 days from June – September, other periods minimum stay 5 days
What we think at White Blancmange
Only the best
At White Blancmange we only hand select properties that we would stay in ourselves with family and friends. If we do not like it simply we do not sell it! Because we are not the Principle owner of any property, we can offer you an honest impartial review
Gerry Lovick - Co Founder of White Blancmange